db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Allen <Timothy_Al...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject I cannot link to Derby from a java program in ECLIPSE, and I cannot find out why
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:38:58 GMT
Hello,

I wonder if you can help me.

1/
I link to Derby using an embedded driver using Eclipse using database
connections, I can see the data in the databases

2/
I link to Derby using the ij tool

3/
I simply cannot get my java program to read a db at all

I have tried both of  the commands below.

//private static String dbURL = "jdbc:derby://localhost
:1527/myDB;create=true;user=me;password=mine";
   private static String dbURL = "jdbc:derby:myDB;create=true;"
;

//Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver").newInstance();
            Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
).newInstance();

The only result I get is below. Please, what is wrong ? This seems
impossible to solve!

Thanks

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
        at myapp.Restaurants.createConnection(Restaurants.java:34)
        at myapp.Restaurants.main(Restaurants.java:23)
        at myapp.Restaurants.insertRestaurants(Restaurants.java:51)
        at myapp.Restaurants.main(Restaurants.java:24)

Timothy Allen, Accelerated Value Leader
World Wide IBM Software Accelerated Value Program
Phone: + 44 (0)2088 443191
Internal Phone: 363191
Mobile:0787 2816836
Timothy_Allen@uk.ibm.com
Visit IBM Software Accelerated Value Online

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.