db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sonny Laskar <sonny.las...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: ERROR 08004: Connection refused : Invalid authentication.
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:32:25 GMT
<FONT face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size=2>Dear Thomas,<br>Thanks
tell you how I am proceeding:<br>1. I have copied the database folder "<font><font
face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="2">hatterastc" from
the server to my PC.(This database is embedded in 1 application.)<br>2. I get the error
face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="2"><span style="font-weight:
bold;">ij&gt; connect 'jdbc:derby:hatterastc';
08004: Connection refused : Invalid authentication.
to a database.<br>I have a Windows System and using the ij prompt from the cmd.<br>Please
style="padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; border-left: 2px solid #000000;
margin-right: 0px;">To: derby-user@db.apache.org<br>From: Thomas &lt;Thomas.K.Hill@t-online.de&gt;<br>Date:
face="Courier New,Courier,monospace" size="3">Sonny Laskar &lt;sonny.laskar@...&gt;
to Derby.I have forgotten the username/password set for<br>connecting to my derby database.Now
when I tried to connect , i get the invalid<br>authentication error (ERROR 08004: Connection
refused : Invalid<br>authentication.)Please let me know if I can reset this password
or if I can<br>create a new user.Also I want to know that if I want to create the clone
of a<br>derby database , can I just copy the folder and use it?Regards,Sonny LaskarIndia<br>&gt;
=====-----=====-----=====Notice: The information contained in this<br>e-mailmessage
and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged<br>information. If you
are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,<br>review, distribution, printing
or copying of the information contained in this<br>e-mail message and/or attachments
to it are strictly prohibited. If you have<br>received this communication in error,
please notify us by reply e-mail or<br>telephone and immediately and permanently delete
in with your data base owner account you can reset the password of a user<br>by calling
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.user.&lt;username&gt;' with<br>an
empty password as the second parameter passed. Assuming you are using the<br>builtin
authentication provider. With the same stored procedure you can also<br>create new users.
The information contained in this e-mail<br>message and/or attachments to it may contain
any dissemination, use, <br>review, distribution, printing or copying of the <br>information
contained in this e-mail message <br>and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.
If <br>you have received this communication in error, <br>please notify us by
reply e-mail or telephone and <br>immediately and permanently delete the message <br>and