db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel A Keefe <dan.ke...@convergys.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Derby: Connection refused
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:48:19 GMT
I have found that I have to supply the absolute path to the Derby db in my connect string,
I get a connection refused error.

From: Sonny Laskar [sonny.laskar@tcs.com]
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 10:29 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org; derby-user-subscribe@db.apache.org; derby-user-digest-subscribe@db.apache.org;
Subject: Problem with Derby: Connection refused

Dear All,
I am new to Derby.
Please assist me.

Problem description:
We have IBM System Director software installed which uses Derby 10 internally.
I wanted to study the Derby database.
The software uses 2 databases viz IBMCDB and hatterastc
I copied these 2 folders in my java environment.
I can connect to the first database IBMCDB and execute select queries on all the tables. But
when I connect to the hatterastc database, I get "Connection refused" error.
I am attaching the derby.log file.

Please suggest how to proceed and let me know if I should share any more details.

With Warm Regards,
Sonny Laskar
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: sonny.laskar@tcs.com<mailto:sonny.laskar@tcs.com>
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty. IT Services
Business Solutions

and any attachments. Thank you

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Convergys
Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may
contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone (collect),
so that the sender's address records can be corrected.

View raw message