db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:27:16 GMT
> 			Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();
>
> the DBMS call is inside a method of the server, which is called remotely by
> the client (thinks it's the cause of the RemoteException). to run the server
> I use these classpath/codebase parameters:
>
> java -classpath :/home/user/app/lib/*:/home/user/app/shared/
> -Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:///home/user/app/shared/
>

> but it seems the server couldn't reach the drivers.. I don't understand why!

I believe that the server will need to have derby.jar in its classpath. When
you use the EmbeddedDriver, the Derby database libraries run inside of your
application's JVM and so they need to be in your application's classpath. Here,
the relevant application is the server, since it is the one making the JDBC calls.

thanks,

bryan