db-derby-user mailing list archives

From BeNdErR <bendertheoffender...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:47:32 GMT

Bryan Pendleton-3 wrote:

> I believe that the server will need to have derby.jar in its classpath.
> When
> you use the EmbeddedDriver, the Derby database libraries run inside of
> your
> application's JVM and so they need to be in your application's classpath.
> Here,
> the relevant application is the server, since it is the one making the
> JDBC calls.
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

 java -classpath :/home/user/app/lib/*:/home/user/app/shared/

Do I have to change this? I thought I already set it up properly :\ as you
can see in the classpath there's the path to derby (inside the lib folder),
maybe the " * " part is wrong. You think i need to specify the complete path
.../lib/derby.jar or using the "star" works?

Thanks