db-derby-user mailing list archives

From BeNdErR <bendertheoffender...@hotmail.com>
Subject Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:45:54 GMT

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to configure properly derby, but I run into this error:

Client RemoteException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby:db;create=true
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby:db;create=true

I'm trying to run a server / client application under Linux, my minimal
client runs and loads everything he needs from the server codebase. The
derby db is on the same machine where the server is, I moved (not sure I can
anyway) the lib folder in my app folder (path ~/home/user/app/lib/), because
i need to move the entire database with the application.
These are my settings (exported both in my user profile file)

CLASSPATH=/home/user/app/lib/derby.jar:.:/home/user/app/lib/derbytools.jar:
DERBY_HOME=/opt/Apache/db-derby-10.6.2.1-bin

this is the code inside the DBMS constructor

String pathDB = "db";
String connectionURL = "jdbc:derby:"+pathDB+";create=true";
try{
			Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();
			File db = new File(pathDB);
			if (!db.isDirectory()){
				conn = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL);
				initTables();
				closeConnection();
			}
		}catch(ClassNotFoundException cnfe){
			System.out.println(" DBMS.java ClassNotFoundException Error:
"+cnfe.getMessage());
			cnfe.printStackTrace();
		}

the DBMS call is inside a method of the server, which is called remotely by
the client (thinks it's the cause of the RemoteException). to run the server
I use these classpath/codebase parameters:

java -classpath :/home/user/app/lib/*:/home/user/app/shared/
-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:///home/user/app/shared/

but it seems the server couldn't reach the drivers.. I don't understand why!
Do I have to run the derby server before running anything else? or else it's
started automatically when the DBMS is used? I tryed both, withouth success
:(

I hope I explained well my problem, if you need more info, ask and I will
tell you what you need. Thanks in advance,