db-derby-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tobb <torb...@ifi.uio.no>
Subject Re: Derby + hibernate & import.sql
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:50:10 GMT

>If your import.sql script has a semicolon at the end of each line, try
>taking that semicolon out and see if it affects the behavior.

>Or, if your import.sql script does NOT have a semicolon at the end of each
>line, try adding it back in and see if that helps.

I will try this on monday. I have used semicolons, since that's what Derby
wants in ij, but will try to remove them and see what happens.

>1) Do you think that any part of your script is running? After the failure,
>connect to your database with ij and run "show tables" and the like and see
>if you can figure out how far your script got before it crashed.

>2) Check your derby.log for additional messages and clues. The messages
>in derby.log are often much easier to decipher than the client-side
>messages which are processed by layers and layers of client-side libraries.

>3) Try "binary searching" your script:

The derby.log file does not say much, i think i read somewhere that it some
property needs to be set for it to collect sql-specific errors. I have tried
with only 1 CREATE TABLE statement, and even this did not work, so i do not
think that any part of the script is working. But again, it might be the
semicolon thing. 


-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Derby-%2B-hibernate---import.sql-tp30319162p30320717.html
Sent from the Apache Derby Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message