From: ext Mamatha Kodigehalli Venkatesh [mailto:Mamatha.Venkatesh@ness.com]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 1:14 PM
To: Derby Discussion; derby-user-info@db.apache.org; derby-user-faq@db.apache.org
Cc: Bhat, Avinash (NSN - IN/Bangalore); kristian.waagan@oracle.com; lilywei@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Problem inserting a record with derby 10.6.1.0

Hello all,

I too upgraded derby from 10.5.3.0 to 10.6.1.0, I am getting below exception

When I tried to insert a record into the table using a prepared statement.

java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: 'org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.execute.Result

SetFactory.getProjectRestrictResultSet(Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/sql/execute/NoPutR

esultSet;Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/services/loader/GeneratedMethod;Lorg/apache/derb

y/iapi/services/loader/GeneratedMethod;ILorg/apache/derby/iapi/services/loader/G

eneratedMethod;IZZDD)Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/sql/execute/NoPutResultSet;: java.la

ng.NoSuchMethodError'.

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknow

n Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException

(Unknown Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Un

known Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown So

urce)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown So

urce)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown So

urce)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Un

known Source)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unkno

wn Source)

However Iam able to insert a record into table through ij editor.

Thanks

Mamatha