db-derby-user mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: ResultSet not open
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 03:24:49 GMT
Veresh Jain <vereshjain@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Veresh, this questions belongs on the Derby user's list. This list if
for development issue.

As to your question, the fact that other databases work, doesn't mean
Derby is wrong, please provide som more detail about what you are doing.

For example if you are using autocommit and have two open result sets in
that transaction, when the first one is drained it is automaticaly
closed leading the the transaction to commit as well, somewhat
surprisingly, perhaps. In such cases, run with autocommit off for best results.

Dag