db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel A Keefe <dan.ke...@convergys.com>
Subject RE: cannot make connection
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:57:33 GMT
I had a simiilar problem....  Not sure if this is related to your issue but..

I could connect to derby db when I launched my app from Netbeans or when I started it from
the
command line in the app directory, i.e. java -jar /mydir/myapp.

However, when I tried to start it otherwise I would get an error "Can not connect to db"
I resolved it by putting the complete path to the derby db into the jdbc connect string

________________________________
From: laishram rahul [laishramrahulib@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 11:18 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: cannot make connection

Sir,
Im using eclipse Helios wtp latest release, connection with derby embeddeb jdbc driver is
working fine but i CANNOT make connection with DERBY CLIENT JDBC DRIVER.
please provide me some help if it is possible...

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Convergys
Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may
contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone (collect),
so that the sender's address records can be corrected.