db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mamatha Kodigehalli Venkatesh" <Mamatha.Venkat...@ness.com>
Subject Upgrade issue from 10.5.3 - Problem inserting a record with derby 10.6.1.0
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:50:11 GMT
Hello all,

Currently I have my tables with data that was created using 10.5.3 version.
Where I was able to perform all operations like select ,insert, update successfully.

Now  I upgraded to 10.6.1 and unable to perform insert into existing tables of the database
that was created in 10.5.3 however am able to perform select & update operations.

NOTE :  There is no problem to insert data into the newly created table for existing database
that was created in the 10.5.3

I  also tried
Connect jdbc:derby:C:\DATA\L10NEnvSetup\DERBY\TestDerbyDB;user=admin;password=password;upgrade=true';

But end up getting
ij> INSERT INTO tidlrblt(BLT,BLT_SIZE,MIN_MAX_SIZE) VALUES('Mamatha Testing2', 1
5, 20);
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.execute.ResultSetFactory
.getProjectRestrictResultSet(Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/sql/execute/NoPutResultSet;L
org/apache/derby/iapi/services/loader/GeneratedMethod;Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/ser
vices/loader/GeneratedMethod;ILorg/apache/derby/iapi/services/loader/GeneratedMe
thod;IZZDD)Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/sql/execute/NoPutResultSet;: java.lang.NoSuchM
ethodError'.
ij>

Thanks
Mamatha

  On 01.10.10 09:44, Mamatha Kodigehalli Venkatesh wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I too upgraded derby from 10.5.3.0 to 10.6.1.0, I am getting below
> exception
>
> When I tried to insert a record into the table using a prepared statement.
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Java exception:
> 'org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.execute.Result
>
> SetFactory.getProjectRestrictResultSet(Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/sql/execute/NoPutR
>
> esultSet;Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/services/loader/GeneratedMethod;Lorg/apache/derb
>
> y/iapi/services/loader/GeneratedMethod;ILorg/apache/derby/iapi/services/loader/G
>
> eneratedMethod;IZZDD)Lorg/apache/derby/iapi/sql/execute/NoPutResultSet;:
> java.la
>
> ng.NoSuchMethodError'.
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknow
>
> n Source)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
>
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException
>
> (Unknown Source)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Un
>
> known Source)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown So
>
> urce)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown So
>
> urce)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown So
>
> urce)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Un
>
> known Source)
>
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unkno
>
> wn Source)
>
> However Iam able to insert a record into table through ij editor.

Hi Mamatha,

Looks like Derby is using some old generated code or something, and that
the referred method no longer exists. If that's the case, there is a bug
in the Derby upgrade logic.

Did you boot the database with "upgrade=true", or did you do a soft
upgrade [1]?
Also, I'm assuming that you ran with the released Derby jars and not a
custom build.

Regards,
--
Kristian