db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Uriah Eisenstein <uriaheisenst...@gmail.com>
Subject Any plans for implementing full outer joins?
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 11:05:44 GMT
Hi,
It occurred to me that full outer joins would be most comfortable for
comparing table contents or query results. I'm currently working on a small
application which loads the Unicode Han Database (Unihan) data into a DB,
using mostly Derby; the original Unihan files include quite a bit of
overlapping or even duplicate data, and a full outer join would easily show
the differences (if any) between two similar tables. This of course could be
true for many application.
I've searched the mailing list and JIRA but didn't find any mention of full
joins. I realize that they can be implemented using unions of left and right
joins and such, but IMHO are easier to read and write as well as quite
possibly more efficient.
Regards,
Uriah Eisenstein