db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Error in creating database schema on the fly using ij
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:54:39 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Derby 10.6.1.0  and am calling ij from my java application to create a database
schema on the fly.

The database contains a jar file and the error reported concerns this jar file.

The .sql file read by ij contains this command:

CALL SQLJ.INSTALL_JAR('file:DERBYROUTINES.jar.G1286008959877', '"schemaname"."DERBYROUTINES"',
0);

ij doesn't throw any error while executing this line and shows the output as:
"0 rows inserted/updated/deleted". As a result of executing the line a jar file named DERBYROUTINES.jar.G1286010997266
is added under the folder dbname\jar\schemaname\.

The problem occurs when ij is executing a DDL statement for creating a trigger that calls
the function defined in the jar file. It then reports the error:

"ERROR 42X51: The class 'accountant.DerbyMethods' does not exist or is inaccessible. This
can happen if the class is not public.
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'accountant.DerbyMethods: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'."

I am perplexed when the jar has been added to the database, why it is still not able to recognize
the class defined in the jar file?

Please suggest some solution for the problem.

Regards,
Dinesh