db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Nadav Hoze <Nadav.H...@dbMotion.com>
Subject Starting server in embedded mode from different JVMs reset connection.
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:42:01 GMT
Hi,

I Using Apache derby in embedded network server mode through hibernate.
<properties>
                  <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect"
/>
                  <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update" />
                  <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false" />
                  <property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="false" />
                  <property name="connection.autocommit" value="true"/>
                  <property name="hibernate.connection.url"
                        value="jdbc:derby://localhost:8011/MY_DB;create=true" />
                  <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
/>
            </properties>
When I start my application I pass to the JVM the following properties to start the network
server:
-Dderby.drda.startNetworkServer=true -Dderby.drda.portNumber=8011

Everything works fine.
But if at the same time if I'll open a new CMD and start my application from a different JVM,
the connection of first application will be reset.

I need to support using two or more applications that can reference MY_DB.
The Embedded Server Mode should support this:  http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/ns_intro.html#Embedded+Server

What I'm doing wrong ?

Please help...

Thanks,

Nadav Hoze
Senior Software Engineer
dbMotion Ltd.
Direct: +972-9-7699000
Extension number: 9037
Mobile: 972-54-4821606
E-mail: nadav.hoze@dbMotion.com<mailto:nadav.hoze@dbMotion.com>

dbMotion's SOA-based health interoperability and intelligence solution enables healthcare
organizations and health information exchanges (HIEs) to meaningfully integrate and leverage
their information assets, driving improvements in the quality and efficiency of patient care.
Visit dbMotion at www.dbmotion.com<http://www.dbmotion.com/>.

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any disclosure,
copying or distribution of the content of this information is strictly forbidden. If you have
received this email message in error please notify its sender and then delete it from your
files.