db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Florin.Herin...@sungard.com>
Subject does Derby honor the statement.setQueryTimeout(int) ?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:16:49 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm using Derby latest 10.6.2.1 and I'm having a problem with
statement.setQueryTimeout(int).

Namely I want to set a small value for the timeout (5 seconds) so that
the statement (an update statement) will fail (relatively) fast if some
other transaction is holding a write lock on the same row.

The problem is that setQueryTimeout seems to be ignored, and the update
is waiting until the global timeout - 60+ seconds.

Is that a known problem with Derby ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Best Regards,

Florin Herinean