db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Returning a UDT from a function
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:31:55 GMT
Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.bajaj@ymail.com> writes:

> 2010-09-03 10:49:43.496 GMT : Apache Derby Network Server - 10.6.1.0 - (938214) started
and ready to accept connections on port 1527
> 2010-09-03 10:55:03.690 GMT : access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.sun.reflect)
> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.sun.reflect)
>         at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:323)
>         at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)
>         at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
>         at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPackageAccess(SecurityManager.java:1512)

Looks like the network server's security manager is lacking some
permissions. How do you start the network server? From the command line
using NetworkServerControl? I was under the impression that the default
permissions granted to the server should be enough for these operations,
but it may be that the default permissions are too restrictive or that
we lack a doPrivileged block in the code.

Does it work if you disable the security manager? For example like this:

  java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start -noSecurityManager

--
Knut Anders