db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject instantiating EmbeddedDriver -> FileNotFoundException
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:25:18 GMT
Hi all,
when I try to instantiate the EmbeddedDriver:
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver driver =
(EmbeddedDriver) Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();
I get a FileNotFoundException, unfortunately the missing file is not mentioned:

> Thread [main] (Suspended (exception FileNotFoundException))
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader.getJarFile(URL) line: 641
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader.access$600(URLClassPath$JarLoader, URL) line: 538
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader$1.run() line: 605
>        AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>) line: not available
[native method]
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader.ensureOpen() line: 597
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader.<init>(URL, URLStreamHandler, HashMap) line: 581
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader$3.run() line: 806
>        AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>) line: not available
[native method]
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(String, boolean, Set) line: 802
>        URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(String, boolean) line: 762
>        URLClassPath.getResource(String, boolean) line: 168
>        URLClassLoader$1.run() line: 192
>        AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>, AccessControlContext)
line: not available [native method]
>        Launcher$AppClassLoader(URLClassLoader).findClass(String) line: 188
>        Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String, boolean) line: 303
>        Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(String, boolean) line: 301
>        Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String) line: 248
>        Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClassInternal(String) line: 316
>        Class<T>.forName0(String, boolean, ClassLoader) line: not available [native
method]
>        Class<T>.forName(String) line: 169
>        FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).getImplementations(Properties, boolean) line: not available
>        FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).getDefaultImplementations() line: not available
>        FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).runWithState(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
>        FileMonitor.<init>(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
>        Monitor.startMonitor(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
>        JDBCBoot.boot(String, PrintStream) line: not available
>        EmbeddedDriver.boot() line: not available
>        EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>() line: not available
>        Class<T>.forName0(String, boolean, ClassLoader) line: not available [native
method]
>        Class<T>.forName(String) line: 169
>        JcrAccess.<init>() line: 27
>        Proj2SlingApp.main(String[]) line: 68
What dependencies (jar's) am I possibly missing?
Note: I have derby-10.5.3.0_1.jar (and jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.1.jar) in my classpath...

Any help appreciated
Clemens