db-derby-user mailing list archives

From running <running...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby and security
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 01:49:12 GMT
Hello,

I have a question. I use Derby in my own client/server application. I
use Java Persistence API on the client; I authenticate user through
name and password. The data go through the internet.

However, I am not sure if the data itself (meaning queries and, more
importantly, results set), that go through the network, which is by
definition not secure, are encrypted or not. And if they are not
encrypted, how to make them.

I simply don't want anyone in the middle listen to the data. I cannot
find more info, so maybe the answer is trivial.

Thanks,
Karel Bilek