db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Returning a UDT from a function
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 08:22:25 GMT
It has been a week since I posted this query, but it hasn't elicited any response. May I know
why?

Is this query too simplistic to be dismissed with contempt? Or is it too advanced even for
some of the highly competent list members? Or is it just plain indifference that no one bothered
to reply?

Let me know so I can phrase my future queries accordingly.

-Dinesh

--- On Fri, 27/8/10, Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.bajaj@ymail.com> wrote:

From: Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.bajaj@ymail.com>
Subject: Returning a UDT from a function
Date: Friday, 27 August, 2010, 2:44 PM

Hi,

I am trying to write a function in Derby that returns a UDT that is registered with the database.

When creating an instance of the Java class that represents the UDT in the jar file that is
attached to the database, I get the IllegalAccessError. The class that is creating the instance,
and the UDT class are defined in the same package. Both class are declared to be public. So,
I am baffled and don't know what I am doing wrong.

I would really appreciate if some one could point me to some sample code illustrating the
use of UDTs in Java code.

Thanks in advance,
Dinesh