db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Problem!
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:47:21 GMT
  On 17.09.10 12:11, Bhat, Avinash (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is avinash bhat, I am facing a problem in derby upgrade.
> Currently I have 10.5.0.3 version installed in my system and when I
> tried upgrading it to 10.6.0.1 my software is not able to load it is
> throwing null pointer exception. But it is able to create databases
> for the first time and if database already exist it says Null pointer
> exception.
>
> Can I know what is the problem which I am facing? Or do I know what
> major difference that you people have made between 10.5.0.3 and 10.6.0.1?

Hi Avinash,

I don't know why you get this error.
Can you post the stack trace you get when hitting the problem?
( written to the console, or to derby.log )
Also, are you doing a hard upgrade (specifying upgrade=true in the
connection URL), or are you doing a soft upgrade (no special attributes
in the connection URL)?

The trace may tell us in which part of Derby the problem occurs.

Regards,
--
Kristian