db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Returning a UDT from a function
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:20:18 GMT
Thanks for your response.

Here goes the sample code:

//In the file TrialBalance.java

package accountant;
public class TrialBalance implements java.io.Serializable {

}

//In the file DerbyMehtods.java

package accountant;
public class DerbyMethods {
        public static TrialBalance getTrialBalance() {
                 return new TrialBalance();
       }
}

//In the database I have defined a UDT TrialBalance using the following command:
CREATE TYPE "TRIALBALANCE" EXTERNAL NAME 'accountant.TrialBalance' LANGUAGE JAVA

// A function named GetTrialBalance is also defined in the database using the following command:
CREATE FUNCTION GETTrialBalance
    ()
    RETURNS TRIALBALANCE
    PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
    NO SQL
    LANGUAGE JAVA
    EXTERNAL NAME 'accountant.DerbyMethods.getTrialBalance'

On invoking the function GetTrialBalance, an error is thrown The stack trace dump is attached
to the mail as a text file.

Trust the above information is sufficient to look into the problem. Should further information
is required, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dinesh