Certain people, on certain machines, keep getting the exception "Database not found."  The same database previously was successfully opened and then shut down.  The shut down happens on a different thread, but I actually have written a class that serializes access to the database so that no other thread can open a connection to a database while it is being shut down.

I looked through the EmbedConnection code, and this situation can happen when the database object is null.  This apparently can only occur if the shutdown property is set to true (it is not), or if the createDatabase() method returns null.

createDatabase() calls Monitor.createPersistentService(), and at this point things get really hairy.  Can anyone please point me to the code where we actually try to create the Database object and where it would return null?  The Monitor framework is one nasty piece of work...

Thanks,

David

--
David W. Van Couvering