Hi,
I hope this is the place to post such issues. I've recently renamed an identity column, and then found that it no longer functioned as one; the next row inserted into the table got the value 0 in this column, and further rows could not be inserted without setting the column value manually (due to the unique or primary key constraint which still remained on it).
I didn't see anything in the documentation about this; I suppose renaming an identity column should either be forbidden or keep it being an identity column.
I'm using Apache Derby 10.6.1.0 (embedded driver) on Windows XP SP3 with JRE 1.6.0.21.
Thanks,
Uriah Eisenstein