2 big problems here, derby does not run on Android and serializing objects from a non-dalvik jvm to a dalvik jvm in general does not work.

From: Fedd Kraft [mailto:fedd@sql.ru]
Sent: 19 August 2010 08:17
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: derby on android: nothing to recompile

Hi,

This is a bit theoretical question for future. In my project I have a set of parameterized queries (about 100) that are predefined, and their execution plan is unlikely to change.

Is there a possibility to run this on Dalvik, i.e. to serialize, retrieve the dynamically compiled queries (plans?), convert to Dalvik and pass it to Derby that runs on Android?

If it could be simple, please tell how, if not simple but possible, please tell the direction where to look at the code.

Thanks!

Fedd

http://www.eset.com