db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject SSL - certificate expiry date ignored
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 07:26:27 GMT
Hi,

on 10th July I implemented SSL encryption between my network server and its
clients. The certificates were self-generated using the keytool utility.
I am starting the server requesting peer authentication. I am starting IJ with
proper references to my client keystore. When trying to connect to the server
without specifying the ssl=basic parameter, I am getting an error explaining
that I tried to connect to a server using ssl encryption via a clear text
connectionand the connection is refused - so far so good. When specifying
ssl=basic the connection gets established - fine as well. However when
connecting with a certificate with an expiry date 20th July the connection also
gets established and I can read data. So it looks to me the expiry date is being
ignored. Any hint?

Thanks