db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Uriah Eisenstein <uriaheisenst...@gmail.com>
Subject Bug: RENAME COLUMN on a column GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY removes the auto-increment property
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:07:25 GMT
Hi,
I hope this is the place to post such issues. I've recently renamed an
identity column, and then found that it no longer functioned as one; the
next row inserted into the table got the value 0 in this column, and further
rows could not be inserted without setting the column value manually (due to
the unique or primary key constraint which still remained on it).
I didn't see anything in the documentation about this; I suppose renaming an
identity column should either be forbidden or keep it being an identity
column.
I'm using Apache Derby 10.6.1.0 (embedded driver) on Windows XP SP3 with JRE
1.6.0.21.
Thanks,
Uriah Eisenstein