db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Returning a UDT from a function
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:14:17 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to write a function in Derby that returns a UDT that is registered with the database.

When creating an instance of the Java class that represents the UDT in the jar file that is
attached to the database, I get the IllegalAccessError. The class that is creating the instance,
and the UDT class are defined in the same package. Both class are declared to be public. So,
I am baffled and don't know what I am doing wrong.

I would really appreciate if some one could point me to some sample code illustrating the
use of UDTs in Java code.

Thanks in advance,
Dinesh