db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Log connects and disconnects
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:11:15 GMT
On 12.08.10 10:44, Damian Hofmann wrote:
> Thanks Kristian
>
> I used the Thread-View of visualvm, where I could see the states of
> DRDAConnectionThreads. This showed me, that my bugfix had improved the
> situation, but a small problem still remained.

Hi,

I see.
You might also find the attributes AccumulatedConnectionCount and
ActiveConnectionCount useful (these are published by the NetworkServer
MBean). If the active count equals the accumulated count after keeping
the application running for a while, the connections aren't closed. Even
though sockets will be closed for instance when the JVM exits, it is
better (and recommended) to close them sooner if you know the connection
won't be used again.

There are more connection counts exposed by the MBean, and they're
slightly confusing unless you know about the derby.drda.maxThreads and
derby.drda.timeSlice properties...

> I also filed an improvement request:

Thanks,
--