db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Log connects and disconnects
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:31:58 GMT
On 11.08.10 10:42, Damian Hofmann wrote:
> Hi Derby Community
>
> Short question: Are disconnects supposed get logged if the option
> "derby.drda.logConnections" is enabled? If not, how can I see if the
> connections get properly closed?

Hi Damian,

I don't think disconnects are logged. I see two things you can do with
Derby currently:
  o enable client side logging
  o use JMX and look at the information provided by NetworkServer MBean [1]

I'm thinking the JMX approach is the easiest way to get a picture of the
situation in your network server (could use jconsole or visualvm).
If you would like to see logging of disconnects to derby.log, you should
file a request in Jira [2]. I expect the required changes to be small,
perhaps only adding tracing code to either DRDAConnThread.closeSession()
or Session.close().

Regards,
--
Kristian

[1] For testing it should be pretty simple to get started: just connect
to the network server process locally with
jconsole/visualvm/<your_favorite_jxm_tool>. In deployment you may need
to do some more work (see for instance
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJMXQuickStart), especially for
remote access as well.
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY