db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Damian Hofmann <damian.hofm...@gmx.ch>
Subject Log connects and disconnects
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:42:16 GMT
Hi Derby Community

Short question: Are disconnects supposed get logged if the option
"derby.drda.logConnections" is enabled? If not, how can I see if the
connections get properly closed?

Background:
I recently had a problem with one of our Applications not responding
anymore. I suspected that the problem was with the derby network server
blocking because too many connections had been opened. In the logfile
tousands of connections are logged, but not a single disconnect. So
after I changed some code I excepted to see some disconnects. But the
logfile still only shows connects.

Now I do not know if ...
a) ... there has never been a problem with to many connections and I
have solved the wrong problem
b) ... my "solution" doesn't work
c) ... there was a problem with connections, my solution works, but the
logfile simply doesn't tell me that

Thanks for your help
Damian