db-derby-user mailing list archives

From darie17 <dari...@yahoo.com>
Subject Failed to create database
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:12:18 GMT

Hello,

I'm using Derby as an embedded DB in my Java app. Well, everything works
fine when running the application from my IDE (Netbeans 6.9, jdk1.6.0_21,
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit). I can create tables, read data out of them etc.

But: when I deploy my application (i.e. create an installation package
containing the app and other resources) and install it like any other
application, I always get the following exception when the program tries to
initiate the DB:

Failed to create database 'C:\Program Files\MyApp\myDB', see the next
exception for details.

myDB is be the folder where Derby should store its files for my app.

After long debugging sessions :) I noticed something: if I install the
application anywhere else than in Program Files, it works perfectly. That is
why I think its rather a write access problem. Please notice we are talking
about Windows 7. And the question is: how can I solve it?

Thanks!