db-derby-user mailing list archives

From vadali <shlomivak...@gmail.com>
Subject backing up the DB
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:00:41 GMT

Hello,

I have a few tables (with FK), that i need to save and restore.
My original plan was to save the entire directory of the database on one
machine, then reload it on another machine.

The problem is that i might want to only save a portion of that db (say only
lines in tables that are newer then a certain date - i do keep the date for
each line).

whats my best method?

I thought about manually coping all the interesting lines from one db to
another one (lets name it backupdb), but that could be slow..
another option i thought, would be to copy the entire db to backupdb, then
removing all the lines i dont need, but when i tried that, the size of the
backupdb directory was even larger then the original...

Do you have any better options?

best regards,
vadali