db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Paul French" <paul.fre...@kirona.com>
Subject RE: derby on android: nothing to recompile
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:18:45 GMT
2 big problems here, derby does not run on Android and serializing objects
from a non-dalvik jvm to a dalvik jvm in general does not work.

From: Fedd Kraft [mailto:fedd@sql.ru]
Sent: 19 August 2010 08:17
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: derby on android: nothing to recompile

Hi,

This is a bit theoretical question for future. In my project I have a set of
parameterized queries (about 100) that are predefined, and their execution
plan is unlikely to change.

Is there a possibility to run this on Dalvik, i.e. to serialize, retrieve
the dynamically compiled queries (plans?), convert to Dalvik and pass it to
Derby that runs on Android?

If it could be simple, please tell how, if not simple but possible, please
tell the direction where to look at the code.

Thanks!

Fedd

http://www.eset.com