Hi

 I am a new to, trying to develop a small program for sales management
using apache derby. My problem is , when do I have to use

1. SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_UPDATE_STATISTICS system procedure.

2. SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE system procedure.
And also how do I compress all tables in a database?

3. Recreate indexes or rebuild indexes and how?

4. If you check your database for inconsistency and you encounter an error,
 advising you to rebuild or recreate an index, how do you go about it?

I hope my questions will be answered.

William