db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject using set role in a stored procedure / Error 25001
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:33:27 GMT
Hi,

can someone please advise if it is possible to execute a 'set role' command
within a stored procedure? My code runs fine when being part of the java
program, but throws "ERROR 25001: Invalid transaction state: active SQL
transaction." when put inside a java stored procedure. Some documentation found
on the net suggested that setting a role is not transactional and not allowed
when a transaction has been opened - so I assume as all code within a procedure
is considered a transaction this is why I am getting the error? Would be
thankful if someone can confirm this is the case.

Thanks