db-derby-user mailing list archives

From SET <nm...@netcourrier.com>
Subject Re: Database-side programming
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:56:07 GMT
Kristian Waagan <kristian.waagan@...> writes:

> On 18.07.10 18:15, Saleem EDAH-TALLY wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This concerns getting information from 'inside' Derby through JAVA code
called
> > by a procedure.
> >
> > The nested connection can be obtained with jdbc:default:connection. However
> > the URL attributes cannot be retrieved in any way.
>
> Hi,
>
> Maybe it would help if you tell why you want to do this, so people can
> suggest a different mechanism if appropriate?

>From a stored procedure, I have to open a connection to another database.
The main unknown is the ssl mode parameter with the client driver. This parameter
is meaningless in embedded mode.
I could not find a way to determine this parameter from a stored procedure.
There is the derby.drda.sslMode property which can be retrieved from a
NetworkServerControl instance, but I could not find a way to access the current
instance.

CURRENT_USER does give the desired parameter.

Thank you for your reply.