db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Max Stempfhuber <max.stempfhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Dublicate key error on key values with hyphen
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 21:06:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm running into a problem importing data with SQirreL into Derby 10.6.1.0.
I'm getting dublicate key errors and was able to track it down to the
following:

create table test (
id char (30),
primary key (id));

insert into test values('JAHR_DGGP09-23611130-1001');
insert into test values('JAHR_DGGP09-236111301001');

I have several records in my import file (which was exported from Sybase
SQLAnywhere and worked there without a problem) where two key values only
differ by a hyphen. In such cases I'm getting the dublicate key error on
import.
I this a bug in Derby or am I doing somehing wrong here?

Best,
Max