db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: Reducing memory footprint of embedded Derby
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 03:34:33 GMT
Thanks, Mike

I am doing some of that, and am looking into doing more of that.

But it's more than possible that I'll have a lot of open, *active*
databases.

We're talking a lot of data, potentially 10s of GB of BLOBs.  I was
concerned a single Derby DB would not be able to handle this well, so I
asplit this up into multiple databases.  This also gives me future
flexibility to spread the databases across different disks to avoid
contention.

But if you think this can be managed fine in a single database, well, I
could be convinced to go that way... :)

Thanks,

David

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.derby@gmail.com