db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mark D. Johnson" <markdjon...@att.net>
Subject Re: Problem Inserting Swedish Characters in Derby Database
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:43:28 GMT
  Hi Kristian -

Thank you for your help.  Your suggestion was correct.  After some
Googling I found this page:
http://illegalargumentexception.blogspot.com/2009/04/i18n-unicode-at-windows-command-prompt.html#charsets_pound
which explains the problem I had.  It turns out that the Windows command
prompt defaults to a different code page than other parts of Windows.
By changing the code page and the font for the command prompt as
described in the above article, I was able to get the characters to
display properly.

Regards -

Mark Johnson