db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Listing all databases which are active
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 06:33:43 GMT
On 07/ 9/10 05:57 AM, Daniel Noll wrote:
> Hi all.
> We are embedding DerbyNetworkServer to serve databases to clients, and
> I would like to automatically shut down databases once they are no
> longer in use to reclaim system resources but also to allow moving
> files out of the directory if they are no longer being used.
> Currently Derby will keep them open, which ultimately locks the data
> from being moved around.
> Shutting them down is quite simple, but if there is a user connected
> then I'm sure this will cause undesirable or at least undefined
> results.
> Is there some way to know which ones are in use before shutting it down?

Hi Daniel,

You can retrieve this information with the network server's runtimeinfo
command, either by invoking "java -jar derbynet.jar runtimeinfo" or by
calling NetworkServerControl's getRuntimeInfo() method. Look for lines
starting with "Database" in the returned string.

Knut Anders

View raw message