db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: How to best constrain database space with many records being inserted and deleted
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:26:08 GMT
On 7/6/2010 11:09 AM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:

> I  What I am seeing is that the database is growing and it does not
> seem to be reusing the deleted space.  Should it be?  The records
> being inserted are exactly the size of the records being deleted.

The known issues in this area are:

For DERBY-4055 a possible workaround is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4055?focusedCommentId=12680196&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_12680196
Also synchronizing table access has helped some users.

You can verify if you are seeing DERBY-4055 by running with a SANE build
and putting
derby.debug.true=DaemonTrace

in your derby.properties.

All that said, I have heard anecdotal reports that there may be another
bug.  If you can come up with a reproduction that is not either of these
issues, we would appreciate it.

Thanks

Kathey