db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Dublicate key error on key values with hyphen
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 21:24:45 GMT
On 07/ 1/10 11:06 PM, Max Stempfhuber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running into a problem importing data with SQirreL into Derby
> 10.6.1.0. I'm getting dublicate key errors and was able to track it
> down to the following:
>
> create table test (
> id char (30),
> primary key (id));
>
> insert into test values('JAHR_DGGP09-23611130-1001');
> insert into test values('JAHR_DGGP09-236111301001');

Hi Max,

I don't see a duplicate key error when I execute the statements above in
my environment. Not sure why that happens to you. Is your database by
any chance configured with territory-based collation? If so, perhaps
hyphens are not considered significant in your locale and hence the two
strings will be regarded as equal.

--
Knut Anders