db-derby-user mailing list archives

From umpirsky <umpir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate 3 Outer Join Problem
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:21:45 GMT

Sorry for jumping in like this, but since you have expirience with Hibernate
and Derby, can you suggest any solution for working with generated keys? I
have problem with primary keys, if I ommit them on insert, it fails, even if
they are auto generated. Example table:

CREATE TABLE students
(
id INTEGER NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY (START WITH 1, INCREMENT BY
1),
name VARCHAR(24) NOT NULL,
address VARCHAR(1024),
CONSTRAINT primary_key PRIMARY KEY (id)
) ;

Code:

 Students s = new Students();
            s.setName("Sasa");
            s.setAddress("Ulica");
            session.save(s);

fails, because it generates SQL:

insert into APP.STUDENTS (NAME, ADDRESS, ID) values (?, ?, ?)

Any idea?