db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bajaj <dinesh.ba...@ymail.com>
Subject Attaching a jar file to the database.
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:42:35 GMT
Hi,

Kindly let me know whether a jar file only needs to be attached once to the database, or it
needs to be attached every single time a connection to the database is made?

I attached a jar file to the database, and added it to the database classpath. This was done
through code, and no exception was thrown. So, I assumed that the file was added to the database.
Now, when I connect to the database again and try to call a user-defined procedure that dependsĀ
on the added jar file, the derby throws back the java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.

Kindly suggest what I am doing wrong.

Regards,
Dinesh Bajaj