db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Saleem EDAH-TALLY" <nm...@netcourrier.com>
Subject Database-side programming
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:15:08 GMT
Hello,

This concerns getting information from 'inside' Derby through JAVA code called
by a procedure.

The nested connection can be obtained with jdbc:default:connection. However
the URL attributes cannot be retrieved in any way.

conn.getClientInfo() returns an empty Properties object.
conn.getMetaData().getUserName() returns nothing.

The Derby Developper's Guide states the following :

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
    "jdbc:default:connection");
URL attributes are not supported as part of this connection URL. Any URL
attributes specified in a Properties object, user name, or password that are
passed to a java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection() call will be ignored.

I don't want to specify URL attributes. I wish to know how can one retrieve
information about these current URL attributes, namely, SSL mode.

Also, how can one determine in database-side programming if it's the client
driver or the embedded driver that's in use ? i.e, without parsing the URL
(presence of // would mean client driver in use, else it's embedded driver).

Thank you.