db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Lichtas" <elich...@linoma.com>
Subject Unknown page format at page Page(257,Container(0, 432592)
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:03:26 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have been using an embedded setup of derby (version 10.4.1.3) for quite
some time.  It appears that my database has become corrupt for some reason,
possibly related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3725

Stacktrace

java.sql.SQLException: Unknown page format at page Page(257,Container(0,
432592))

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknow
n Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.closeOnTransactionError(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.movePosition(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.next(Unknown Source)

      at com.linoma.derby.corrupt.Derby.verifyDatabase(Derby.java:108)

      at com.linoma.derby.corrupt.DerbyMain.main(DerbyMain.java:17)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No class was registered for identifier 0.

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknow
n Source)

      ... 9 more

Caused by: ERROR XBM0U: No class was registered for identifier 0.

      at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.classFromIdentifier(Unkno
wn Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.newInstanceFromIdentifier
(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.newInstanceFromIdentifier(Unk
nown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.changeInstanceTo(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.setIdentity(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.ConcurrentCache.find(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getUserPage(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getNextHeadPage(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainer.getNextPage(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainerHandle.getNextPage(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.conglomerate.GenericScanController.positi
onAtNextPage(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.conglomerate.GenericScanController.fetchR
ows(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.HeapScan.next(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.iapi.db.ConsistencyChecker.checkTable(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.catalog.SystemProcedures.SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.exe.acf81e0010x0129xb2c4xb230x00000015ed900.e5(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.DirectCall.invoke(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.doProjection(Unkn
own Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.getNextRowCore(Un
known Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.getNextRow(Unknown
Source)

      ... 4 more

Is there any way to tell for sure if this issue is related to DERBY-3725?
If so, and I upgrade the database, is there a way to repair the existing
database?  Is there any additional information I can provide to give further
insight?

Thank you,

ERICK J. LICHTAS

Linoma Software