Hi
During some "edge" testing of my application I came across a strange behavior using an embedded derby driver on windows: if, once the database is started, the machine is given a different ip address ( eg : the network is no longer available or the ISP dynamically assigns you a different one ) the database is not reachable anymore.
Is this an expected behavior ? If so, what is the best practice to avoid this problem ?

Connection specs :
driver : org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
url : jdbc:derby:/DERBYDB/database/codecs2;create=false
Bundle-Version: 10.5.3000000.802917

TIA

Marco

--
"No Im sorrys, no apologies, no regrets..... "