On 6/18/2010 8:57 PM, David Van Couvering wrote:
I have a bunch of unit tests that I run as a suite.  The first test that tries to boot up the Derby database hangs, with the CPU spiked at 100%.  When I stop the process, here is where it is stuck, repeatedly (see stack trace below).
It looks like it is the jvm having trouble just extracting  from the jar file, so I am doubtful that changing your Derby version would help.  I am curious the platform and jvm versions and if this problem began with with a change of either.

Thread [main] (Suspended)
ZipFile$1(InflaterInputStream).<init>(InputStream, Inflater, int) line: not available
ZipFile$1.<init>(ZipFile, InputStream, Inflater, int, ZipFile$ZipFileInputStream) line: not available
JarFile(ZipFile).getInputStream(String) line: not available
JarFile(ZipFile).getInputStream(ZipEntry) line: not available
JarFile.getManifestFromReference() line: not available
JarFile.getManifest() line: not available
URLClassPath$JarLoader$2.getManifest() line: not available
Launcher$AppClassLoader(URLClassLoader).defineClass(String, Resource) line: not available
URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader, String, Resource) line: not available
URLClassLoader$1.run() line: not available
AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>, AccessControlContext) line: not available [native method]
Launcher$AppClassLoader(URLClassLoader).findClass(String) line: not available
Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String, boolean) line: not available
Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(String, boolean) line: not available
Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String) line: not available
Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClassInternal(String) line: not available
Class<T>.forName0(String, boolean, ClassLoader) line: not available [native method]
Class<T>.forName(String) line: not available
FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).getImplementations(Properties, boolean) line: not available
FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).getDefaultImplementations() line: not available
FileMonitor(BaseMonitor).runWithState(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
FileMonitor.<init>(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
Monitor.startMonitor(Properties, PrintStream) line: not available
JDBCBoot.boot(String, PrintStream) line: not available
EmbeddedDriver.boot() line: not available
EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>() line: not available
AutoloadedDriver.getDriverModule() line: not available
AutoloadedDriver.connect(String, Properties) line: not available
DriverManager.getConnection(String, Properties, ClassLoader) line: not available
DriverManager.getConnection(String, String, String) line: not available

--
David W. Van Couvering

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidvc
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com