db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Frank Böttcher <Frank.Boettc...@schiffl.de>
Subject Replicate multiple Database Instances
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:09:30 GMT
Hi,

I have read the manual, but I am still not sure if derby could fulfill my needs.

I need to have 3 or more physical machines. Each of the machines has its own database. The
database-scheme is identical for all of the machines. On every machine data is written. I
need to have all data to be synchron in all 3 databases. I thought I can do the following
to solve this problem.

Machine one holds db1, the derby instance has the following roles: db1(master), db2(slave),
db3(slave).
Machine two holds db2, the derby instance has the following roles: db1(slave), db2(master),
db3(slave).
Machine three holds db3, the derby instance has the following roles: db1(slave), db2(slave),
db3(master).

1.Is it working like that?
2.How can I force the 3 database to synchronize each other on startup?

Thx in advance for any help.

Frank Boettcher