db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Marco Ferretti <marco.ferre...@gmail.com>
Subject strange behavior using embedded driver
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 08:42:29 GMT
Hi
During some "edge" testing of my application I came across a strange
behavior using an embedded derby driver on windows: if, once the database is
started, the machine is given a different ip address ( eg : the network is
no longer available or the ISP dynamically assigns you a different one ) the
database is not reachable anymore.
Is this an expected behavior ? If so, what is the best practice to avoid
this problem ?

Connection specs :
driver : org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
url : jdbc:derby:/DERBYDB/database/codecs2;create=false
Bundle-Version: 10.5.3000000.802917

TIA

Marco

--
"No Im sorrys, no apologies, no regrets..... "